Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Very Short Play for Three Voices

I started writing a new series this weekend. I'm tentatively calling it "Very Short Plays for Three Voices." The individual "plays" don't have titles. They'll probably get numbers. This one's about food, so here goes.


Voice 1: I have a craving for New England clam chowder.

Voice 2: I have a craving for Manhattan clam chowder.

Voice 3: That’s funny, so do I.

Voice 1: Have you ever noticed that neither of you ever shares my cravings?

Voice 2: What do you mean? We both crave clam chowder, don’t we?

Voice 1: Sure. Manhattan. I crave New England.

Voice 3: You’re blowing this all out of proportion. Manhattan, New England, what’s the difference?

Voice 1: Cream, for one thing. Tomatoes for another.

Voice 3: Small details. You should focus on our areas of agreement.

Voice 1: What would those be?

Voices 2 & 3: Clams and potatoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home