Friday, March 04, 2011

Shootin' at Some Food

It took a while for me to hit my stride as a food photographer, and I'm still happy to use an idiot-proof point-and-shoot. The first obstacle was overcoming my sheepishness over taking photos in restaurants; it really took about a year after I started this blog. Once I got over that, there were the limitations of my camera; I had to use flash for indoor shots, and then try to compensate with software. I upgraded from a Canon A410 to an A590 a couple of years ago, really just the latest version of the same model, but with more megapixels and a much higher maximum ISO speed (1600 vs. 400). So now I'm generally able to shoot in low light without flash. I'll still include far-from-perfect photos to illustrate posts when nothing better is available, but my ratio of good to bad has definitely improved. As part of my five-year retrospective, here's a bunch of photos I'm reasonably happy with, either because the photo is good, or because the food looks good despite the photo, just a potpourri, in roughly chronological order, from breakfast to dessert, from four continents, and without further explanation.


























































































2 Comments:

Anonymous vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy it.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Jazzzoline said...

Did you eat all this ?

Is it a spider ?

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home