Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicken Pops

Kids often mishear or misconstrue words or phrases based on what they already know. My friend Janice insists I had more than my fair share of mishearings, misconstruings and misunderstandings every time I tell her one of them.

When I was little I thought there was a childhood disease called "chicken pops." I was unfamiliar with the term "pox," so this was a natural error, I think. I thought that each of the pockmarks was an individual "chicken pop." It made perfect sense to me. They were little round things, sort of like Sugar Pops, a favorite cereal of mine at the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous xlpharmacy said...

I love sugar pops. when I was younger I ate this cereal for breakfast every single day, and I have to say I still would like to do it, but my wife doesn't like to eat always the same.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home