Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten Meals, 2007

1. My post about Shrimp and Grits has been one of the most viewed on the blog, as it comes up very high on Google results for the dish.

2. Fu Run (formerly Waterfront International) serves the cuisine of Liaoning province in northeast China. Their crispy lamb with cumin is one of the great versions of the dish.

3. One of my favorite San Francisco treats is the garlic roasted crabs at PPQ Dungeness Island.

4. I can't get enough of the calzagatti at Via Emilia.

5. Like Via Emilia, Bianca serves the cuisine of Emilia-Romagna, and it may well be New York's best value Italian restaurant.

6. Imperial Palace, in Flushing, is quite possibly the best Cantonese restaurant I've ever dined at in New York.

7. I'd be hard pressed to name a better Middle Eastern restaurant in New York than Tanoreen.

8. I've been known to wax elegiac and nostalgic about Chickarina.

9. Hampton Chutney, home of the white man's dosa, has received a number of rave reviews. Mine was not one of them.

10. Caracas Arepa Bar has an extensive menu of delicious little sandwiches on griddle-cooked cornmeal buns. I've loved some, hated none.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home